Please find the information below regarding resort repairs and owner news.
Latest Update: 10/23/2020
Dear Escapes! To The Shores Owners,
Escapes to The Shores is still closed but we are working together with the contractors getting through the process and making Escapes to The Shores as beautiful and strong as ever.
The following bullet points are the property's hot topics of the week:
- The fire system still is not online. A CPU board and a RUI+CPU motherboard have been ordered but not received. These parts are necessary in order to get the panel to show any faults still in the system. The full extent of the damage to the fire system is unknown until these 2 parts are installed. We have Johnson Controls scheduled to be onsite on October 30 pending the parts receipt. Once those parts are installed, they will begin troubleshooting.
- SERVPRO is working seven days a week to complete the mitigation efforts. Common areas and units post demo are requiring clearance testing and may require additional steps. The remediation process is still underway, and some demo is still to be completed.
- JS Held has been back out to give a few scope changes after some items noticed by SERVPRO noted and needed further detail on the demo scope this week.
- Adjusters, contractors, and engineers are working on the build-back scope etc. and are working to ensure the process for come back is thorough. The sources of the water intrusion are under investigation.
- The gym received significant water intrusion. The demo work has been completed in this space but additional remediation and clearance testing is necessary.
- The cooling tower system sustained significant damage due to the storm. Evapco will be visiting the site on Tuesday to assess the extent of the damage specifically to the northernmost of the two fan towers.
- We have some issues with real estate agents coming unannounced and not following the visit protocols. If you have someone really interested in seeing and potentially buying your unit during this time, we will work with you to not impede that process as best we can. This will require strict adherence to the visit protocol for safety and security since there are many unsafe areas in the building with mold toxins and construction zones.
- The build back contractor will be working with each owner throughout the process in their units once we begin. We are tracking owners who requested to be on the upgrades list with a spreadsheet. If you want to be on the list, please use the inquiry link on the Owners Corner requesting to be added and what you might want to change.
September 24 - 29
Hurricane Sally Update #1 (September 14)
Hurricane Sally Update #2 (September 15)
Hurricane Sally Update #3 (September 17)
Hurricane Sally Update #4 (September 25)
Hurricane Sally Update #5 (September 30)
Hurricane Sally Update #6 (October 2)
Hurricane Sally Update #7 (October 9)
Hurricane Sally Update #8 (October 16)
Hurricane Sally Update #9 (October 23)
Progress Report (October 22)
As we all move forward together there will be questions to ask and things to work through, but with patience and understanding and by working together, we will get through this. if you have specific questions or would like to visit your unit while we are under construction, fill out this request form and a member of our staff will get back to you as soon as possible. We recognize the disruption for everyone and are working hard for you and the Association.